DIFINITY 2020 Dates
Auckland, New Zealand 17-21 Feb 2020
Difinity is the largest Microsoft Data and AI, Power Platform, BI, and Analytics Conference in New Zealand and Australia. IT Decision Makers, Developers, Analysts, IT Professionals, BI Managers, BI Professionals, Database Administrators, Architects, Digital & Big Data business leaders, and Consultants will gather for three consecutive days of learning.
In 2019 (which was the third year of this event), we had 45 technical sessions delivered by 40+ speakers from all around the world, including Microsoft Regional Directors, Most Valuable Professionals, Microsoft Certified Masters, and Microsoft Corporate’s product teams. Session topics were split into tracks for Data Platform, Business Intelligence, and Analytics.
last year we had; 40+ Speakers; 10+ from Microsoft, 20+ Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVP), MCMs and Microsoft Certified Architects (MCA). 11 pre-conference workshops and 45 sessions.
To learn more about Difinity, look at Difinity 2019’s website: https://difinity.co.nz
Now is the time to plan for Difinity 2020. This year, we have added one more day: Post-conference workshops. We are aiming for 18 workshops across two days of pre-conference and post-conference. We will have much more sessions than last year too, and aiming for a bigger audience, with wider coverage of topics across AI, Data, Azure, and Business Applications.
- 17th Feb 2020: Pre-conference workshops
- 18th Feb 2020: Conference day
- 19th Feb 2020: Conference day
- 20th Feb 2020: Post-conference workshops
- 21st Feb 2020: Speaker Tour
- Deadline for pre-con/post-con submissions: 1st of June 2019
- Call for Speakers for conference sessions will end 31st of July 2019 (NZ Time)
- Session selection results will be announced on August 2019
Costs and Coverages:
- Pre-con/post-con speakers will receive 50% of the net profit of the workshop
- The conference will cover 3 nights of accommodation for pre-con/post-con speakers. In the case of doing both, 4 nights of accommodation will be covered.
- The conference will cover 2 nights of accommodation for regular session speakers
- All other costs (flight fare, taxi fare (from/to airport, local), food (breakfast, etc), etc) should be covered by the speakers themselves.
- There will be no flight costs coverage for speakers. Pre-con/Post-con speakers can cover their flight costs (or part of it) with their 50% of the profit of their workshop.
- Speaker tour and dinner will be held.
- Power BI: Power BI, Power Query, DAX, Data Visualization, Administrations, Security, Gateway, Architecture
- Power Platform: Power Apps, Microsoft Flow, Combination of Power Platform Products
- Azure: Azure SQL DB, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Catalog
- AI: Cognitive Services, Azure Machine Learning, R, Python, Advanced Analytics, Data Science Virtual Machine
- Database: SQL Server, Administration, Development, T-SQL, Performance Tuning, High Availability, SQL Server 2017
- BI: Data Warehouse, ETL, Architecture, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, MDS, DQS
- Business: Thought Leadership, Topics targeting CXO and Manager levels of organizations.
- And any other Microsoft Data Platform, Business Intelligence, Azure, and Analytics focused session.
Tips for getting your submission accepted:
- Session times are between 40 to 60 minutes.
- Submit NEW sessions. If you have spoken this session before in many other conferences, it may not be a good candidate for this conference. Come up with session ideas that you have not spoken before. This is a paid conference, attendees won’t pay to listen to a session that is already presented many places for free, or even can be found for free on YouTube.
- Submit sessions in your expertise area. The audience would love to hear from people who are experienced in a field.
- Add a detailed session abstract. It would be really hard to decide what you are going to cover in your talk with just a single or two lines of abstract, explain the session, and maybe agenda in details.
- Submit as many sessions as you can. Don’t limit yourself to one or two sessions, submit as much as you can. sometimes a topic has a very high competition, and another topic has zero submission, which can be your chance of getting a session.
- Sessions in all levels are needed, from Beginner to Expert.
*Check your email inbox after the submission.
Fill the form below for submission: